Wednesday 2 May 2007

Sous-Chefs and Free Lunches

There's no such thing as free lunch!!!!!! Period. Well at least, that's what I thought when one client - after a long and thorough conversation on Lord Treisman, Gleneagles, G8 and Africa - offered to buy me lunch in order to continue our conversation, in-depth.
Tonight's 'Africa by the River' event, was probably the most interesting event I have had to speak at within my company's walls. Every one seemed interested, intrigued, appalled, confused all at once. Some who posed questions, did so intelligently, others may have done so to prove or disprove a point or several points. My knees had been shaking uncontrollably only a few minutes into the talk, and having my CEO positioned almost entirely opposite me, made me all the more conscious about it.

No comments: